“Does Donald Trump’s election as United States president mean that globalization is dead, or are reports of the process’ demise greatly exaggerated?”
The title of this post is from Project Syndicate with Barry Eichengreen, a Professor of Economics at the University of California, Berkeley, who wrote an interesting article on the condition of globalization and the world trade growth even without Trump in office- Globalization’s Last Gasp.
So what’s the deal with globalization? Is it here to stay?
I’ve personally come across articles with claims and opinions citing experts about why globalization is said to be dead. Other experts have a different opinion on the matter. See for example- Globalization is alive and well.
- Meet the marketing genius behind Snap’s new Spectacles-(Read on Recode)
- Truth be told- Many companies still struggle with the idea of dealing and responding to a cyber attack. However, industry leaders such as IBM, wants to train corporate security teams, CEOs, and PR departments to handle Cyber Attacks- (Read on Bloomberg)
- How is the driverless car a great opportunity for healthcare? You guessed it right! The autonomous car is not just here to carry you to your destination. It can do more than that. For example the future Mercedes Benz– (Read on LinkedIn)
- What is Zara’s secret recipe to success? In an article by Bloomberg, “Zara’s culture isn’t as easily copied as the latest fashion trends.” This is one of the reasons why Inditex, its parent company, is more successful than it’s competitors such as American Apparel, Gap and H&M. (Read on Bloomberg)
- Thinking about quitting your job? Here are 10 things you need to keep in mind about quitting your job- (Read on Forbes)
And how about you? What are you currently reading? Please share in the comments section below. I’d love to read from you.
Have a nice weekend!